At a recent meeting, the board of directors of the Western Virginia EMS Council elected Roanoke County Fire & Rescue Chief Stephen G. Simon as its seventh president. Chief Simon will serve as president and board chairman for 2017 and 2018.
Our new officers are:
- President - Chief Steve Simon, Roanoke County (Roanoke County Fire & Rescue)
- Vice President - Deputy County Administrator Dale Wagoner, Henry County
- Secretary - Director Joe Trigg, Pulaski County (Regional EMS, Inc.)
- Treasurer - Rescue Chief Joe Coyle, Montgomery County (Christiansburg Rescue Squad)
- Executive Committee At-Large, Fourth Planning District - Steve Davis, Giles County
- Executive Committee At-Large, Fifth Planning District - Deputy Chief Jason Ferguson, Botetourt County (Botetourt County Emergency Services)
- Executive Committee At-Large, Twelfth Planning District - Assistant Chief Mike Jefferson, Danville (Danville Fire Department)
We welcome these dedicated officers, along with new director Greg Horton representing the City of Covington.